+1 vote

There is a dataset "soda bicarbonate" in the flows list of ecoinvent v.3.4 and it can be added to processes but there are neither providers, nor uses associated with this entry. If I use it in calculations, it does not form any contribution to the impacts. Also, I checked the ecoinvent database online and there is no such dataset (there are other similar - soda ash, etc.).

Is it an empty dataset deleted from older econvent versions or is it corrupted only in my downloaded zolca file?

Thank you,

in openLCA by (260 points)
recategorized by

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (23.2k points)
Hi Yana, I cannot find a flow "soda bicarbonate" in my version of ecoinvent 3.4 (cut-off) UP. Possibly, it is a remnant from an older version of ecoinvent or you accidentally imported the flow with another data set into your database.

Btw.: The data set is not "empty". It is just not used anywhere. You can check this by right-clicking on the flow in the navigation window and selecting "Usage". If you want, you can add the flow manually to an existing impact category of a LCIA method in your database or create a new LCIA method that captures this flow. If it is a product flow you can also select it as a quantitative reference of processes that you create yourself.

I hope this helps.
by (260 points)
edited by
Thank you, I tried to do this but I do not know what impact factors to assign.

PS I found and EPD about sodium bicarbonate and used the values given there. Not sure how relyful this approach is, though...