0 votes
453 views
Dear Mr. Ciroth,
I am using both the Ecoinvent and the Agribalyse databases to carry out an LCA study on milk production.
Unfortunately, I`ve just realized that I can`t connect in a Agribalyze process providers for Ecoinvent input flows, since no processes appear in the list of possible connections for a given flow. The flow names in Ecoinvent and Agribalyse DB for an Ecoinvent flow seem to be the same, but I couldn`t connect in the provider cell of the input flow of an Agribalyse process the corresponding Ecoinvent process.
Do you think it may depend on ecoinvent version? I am using ecoinvent v. 3.3., while Agribalyse was built on ecoinvent 3.2. I have contacted the Agribalyse team, and it is the first case at their knowledge.
I tried to work with ecoinvent 3.2, and it works, but I hope I can use ecoinvent 3.3, since I have already built a big part of the model.
Could you give me any advices?
Thank you,

Best regards,

Simona
in openLCA by

1 Answer

0 votes
by (38.1k points)
 
Best answer

Hi Simona,
yes that is correct, we use the original IDs from ecoinvent for our releases, and these do not match the ones in Agribalyse, for ecoinvent 3.3. If you are only linking to some few ecoinvent processes, you can manually create connections by creating "bridge processes" that have an ecoinvent product as input  and an Agribalyse product as output, but this can become of course a bit tedious depending on the number of processes.
To all: Would it be interesting that we provide a script to align the IDs of Agribalyse and ecoinvent?

Best wishes,
Andreas

by
Hi all!

Yes, it would be very useful because I would like to do a carbon footprint analyses for a dairy product. I use agribalyse and ecoinvent 3.2 together, i put imput flows for example "electricity, medium voltage.." and "hydrogen peroxide 50%.." from the databases into my process, and choose a provider.
But when I would like to calculate for example with CML (baseline) or other, i would like to see only the direct effects, not the provider processes other imputs as an effect. How can I fix this?

Here is an example: input flow: Cow milk, national average, at farm gate-FR -->provider: Cow milk, national average, at farm gate-FR -->providers imput: Cow milk, conventional, lowland milk system, silage maize 10 to 30%, at farm gate     and i see this in my calculation, but i only want the milk, or the electricity not every stage.

I hope you could help me, i got stucked.
Many thanks, Lilla
by (38.1k points)
You can enter a parameter for the connection to ecoinvent, i.e. the product provided by ecoinvent, call the parameter e.g.: supply_chain, multiply the amount of that product with the parameter, and set the parameter to 0 if you do not want to have supply chain results, and to 1 if you want to. With a global parameter, you need to specify it only once, and can use it in every process.
If you never want to have ecoinvent supply chain results, you can of course also delete the connection altogether.
Hth,
Andreas
by

Hi Simona,
yes that is correct, we use the original IDs from ecoinvent for our releases, and these do not match the ones in Agribalyse, for ecoinvent 3.3. If you are only linking to some few ecoinvent processes, you can manually create connections by creating "bridge processes" that have an ecoinvent product as input  and an Agribalyse product as output, but this can become of course a bit tedious depending on the number of processes.
To all: Would it be interesting that we provide a script to align the IDs of Agribalyse and ecoinvent?
Best wishes,
Andreas



Dear Andreas,
thank you very much for your answer. My model is quite big, so it is difficult for me to build many bridge processes.
However, I started to re-build all my model on ecoinvent 3.2, when I`ve realized that Ecoinvent doesn`t show any system process. Could it depend on a problem of compatibility between ecoinvent 3.2 and openLCA 1.6.3, I am using?
From the DB download section on Nexus I`ve read that ecoinvent 3.2 is suitable for OpenLCA 1.4/1.5, but I tried to work with OpenLCA 1.6.3 and it seemed to work well, until I have discover that no system process is present in the ecoinvent DB.
Is it correct? If yes, maybe it is better for me if I work in Ecoinvent 3.3 + many bridge processes...?
Thank you,

Best regards,
Simona

by (38.1k points)
Hi Simona,
for ecoinvent, we are providing always two packages per system model, the unit processes and the system (LCI) processes; only for 3.3. so far, we are also providing a combined package, also with LCIA methods. If you need the LCI datasets, you should import agribalyse into LCI ecoinvent to speed up the import.
Best wishes,
Andreas
by
Hello
Yes, it would be interesting that you provide a script to align the IDs of Agribalyse and ecoinvent
by (150 points)
Goodevening,
Yes, it would be interesting and usefull a script to allign Agribalyse 1.3.1 with Ecoinvent.3.4.
At the moment is impossible to use both databases toegether and for food production modelling in france and  Europe is absolutely needed.
...