Performing some Midpoint impact calculations of a product system (built within the Ecoinvent 3.4 database and providers) I have found for the impact category "Terrestrial Ecotoxicity" (quantified as kg 1,4-DCB) the following results:
- with the "ecoinvent v.3.4 LCIA methods" ReCiPe 2008 - Midpoint H (TETPinf): 0.17631
- with the package "LCIA_2_0_3" (and 2_0_4) ReCiPe 2008 - Midpoint H: 0.1703
which are quite equal.
- with the package "LCIA_2_0_3" (and 2_0_4) ReCiPe 2016 - Midpoint H: 2803.443
As a proof check, repeating the calculations with this package adopting the other two perspectives I obtain:
- ReCiPe 2016 - Midpoint I: 1235.378
- ReCiPe 2016 - Midpoint E: 3013.491
Of course I know it is normal to find the above differences among the three perspectives (H - I - E), but I can't understand the huge differences (a factor of 10^4) between ReCiPe 2008 and ReCiPe 2016 for this impact category.
Is this normal ? Thanks