0 votes
211 views

Dear All,

I have a question concerning the comparison of two datasets (EF Method  adapted).

Currently I try to compare  solid bleached and unbleached board carton production | solid bleached and unbleached board carton | Cutoff, U RER  with white lined chipboard carton production | white lined chipboard carton | Cutoff, U RER, which has a climate impact double as high as solid bleached

Within the impact analysis of white lined chipboard I found out that one third of the  CO2eq are from white lined chipboard carton production | white lined chipboard carton | Cutoff, U RER whithin the dataset white lined chipboard carton production | white lined chipboard carton | Cutoff, U RER, which has a climate impact of about three times higher.

How could this be? How could the same production dataset have an impact on itself, it is not a market dataset, so I do not understand how a production dataset can be within itself.

There is not much of a differnce in the climate impact of solid bleached and unbleached vs. White lined chipboard otherwhise.

I tried to figure out what the emissions are in ecoinvent, but this dataset is unfortunately not available from your side at the moment.

 Could anyone help me to answer why white lined chipboard is double as high as solid bleached and unbleached carton?

KInd Regards,

Lola

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

<![endif]-->

in openLCA by (120 points)
edited by

1 Answer

0 votes
by (2.5k points)
Are you comparing market datasets?

Further, I do not think Ecoinvent would happy knowing you share GWP results of their datasets in public
by (120 points)
In the case of white lined chipboard the direct emissions only cover 57% in the contribution tree. It is quite complicated to explain, but the contribution tree does not show the impact of the other 43% of emissions, which are part of the dataset. These 43% of emissions are displayed as white lined chipboard production within the dataset white lined chipboard production in the contribution tree. So this is a bit confusing for me
...